Our team is actively working on the challenges and opportunities that arise from the development of artificial intelligence. Our activities include the exploration of how to redesign organisations to efficiently benefit from the automation of knowledge work and decision-making; the investigation of how to do better organisation science with AI and the evaluation of how the conversation on organisational responsibilities during the innovation process is changing. Topics researched include: AI for qualitative research; AI for decision-making; AI-augmented creativity; Algorithm accountability; Open-source development of AI.
- Park, C., von Krogh, G., Stadtfeld, C., Meboldt, M, and Shrestha, Y. (2023). Healthcare hackathons as open innovation. Nature Reviews Bioengineering, https://doi.org/10.1038/s44222-023-00070-4.
- von Krogh, G., Roberson, Q., and Gruber, M. (2023). Recognizing and Utilizing Novel Research Opportunities with Artificial Intelligence. Academy of Management Journal, 66(2), 367–373.2022.
- Feuerriegel, S., Shrestha, Y. R., von Krogh, G., & Zhang, C. (2022). Bringing artificial intelligence to business management. Nature Machine Intelligence, 4(7), 611-613.
- Bailey, D. E., Faraj, S., Hinds, P. J., Leonardi, P. M., & von Krogh, G. (2022). We Are All Theorists of Technology Now: A Relational Perspective on Emerging Technology and Organizing. Organization Science, 33(1), 1–18.
- Shrestha, Y. R., He, V. F., Puranam, P. and von Krogh, G., (2021) Algorithm Supported Induction for Building Theory: How Can We Use Prediction Models to Theorize? Organization Science 32 (3) 856-880.
- Shrestha, Y. R., Krishna, V. and von Krogh, G., (2021) Augmenting Organizational Decision-Making with Deep Learning Algorithms: Principles, Promises, and Challenges. Journal of Business Research, 123, 588-603.
- Tinguely, P., Shrestha, Y. R. and von Krogh, G. (2020) How Does Your Labor Force React to COVID-19? Employing Social Media Analytics for Preemptive Decision Making. California Management Review Insights.
- He, V. F., Puranam, P., Shrestha, Y. R., & von Krogh, G. (2020). Resolving governance disputes in communities: A study of software license decisions. Strategic Management Journal, 41(10), 1837–1868.
- Shrestha, Y. R., Ben-Menahem, S., & von Krogh, G (2019). Organizational Decision-Making Structures in the Age of Artificial Intelligence. California Management Review, 61 (4), 66-83.
- Yang, Y., Shrestha, Y. R., & Guo, J. (2019). On the Complexity of Bribery with Distance Restrictions. Theoretical Computer Science. Volume 760, Pages 55-71.
- von Krogh, G. (2018). Artificial Intelligence in Organizations: New Opportunities for Phenomenon-Based Theorizing. Academy of Management Discoveries, 4(4), 404-409.